Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A confession, a testimony, and some summer recipes

Hello St. Louis Arch
As most of you know by now, S and I are moving back to St. Louis.  Puerto Rico has been a wonderful adventure and I am very sad to leave, but it is time for us to move on.  Now me and my fellow lovely PM&C bloggers will have all moved on from where we originally met.  I have learned a lot about myself through this experience though and I am immensely grateful for all of it.  I have made some amazing friends here and God has taught me a lot.  In fact, He is still teaching me as we speak.

Playa Susia
I confess that I have really been struggling for months with where God wants me to be.  S was deeply unhappy here, and I was very happy, so there was a disconnect in our marriage as well.  I also have a really hard time trusting in God to lead me where I need to go.  As a concept, I totally get it, but when I have to apply this concept to real life situations, my controlling personality takes over, and it ends up totally lost on me.  Especially when it is something I don't really want to do.  I have been praying and praying that God would show me clearly that St. Louis is where He wants me to go next and, as always, He listened.

Playa Combate
A couple of weeks ago, we made the decision to officially make the move back to St. Louis.  I was still fighting that decision, but I knew it was happening so I needed to get okay with it.  As we were trying to figure out details last week, such as how to transfer the car loan from PR to the mainland (which is apparently not possible) and other major roadblocks, the answers just kept coming to us.  It was as if all of the problems just fell away with super simple solutions because of the generosity of Scott's work.  I know now that this was God working in our lives to show me that this is what I need to be doing.  I still really don't want to go back to St. Louis, but God has shown me that that is where He wants me right now.  I know that He has some sort of plan for me there and I am going to do my best to trust in Him.



For now, as we plan our next move, I wanted to leave you all with some sort of a post so that I am not abandoning you entirely.  You've heard my confession and my testimony.  Now all that's left are some summer recipes to get you by.  I don't know if these are actually any good, but in looking them over, they look like they will be.  Anyway, here is a roundup of "29 Meat Free Meals You Can Make Without Your Stove".  I hope you enjoy them.

Cueva Ventana
Please pray for us if you believe in that stuff, and if not, send positive thoughts our way.  Much love to you all.

Displaying photo.JPG
My Yogi Tea Bag 

Donna AKA Mindful


No comments:

Post a Comment