Thursday, February 27, 2014

Uncertainty

Walt Whitman once said, “The future is no more uncertain than the present.” I say, “Amen to that.” Our present is pretty uncertain…
My family and I just moved back to the states from Puerto Rico. We flew three checked bags, one Rubbermaid, a jogging stroller, an umbrella stroller, a car seat, and a dog. We have no job lined up and not much in savings. I promise we are not crazy, but I also promise there’s never a dull moment!




This week we spent several days in Houston, Tx while my husband, J, interviewed all around the area. Despite all of the uncertainty…two things became crystal clear during this trip. First, H. E. B. is exceptionally beautiful after living in a little town on an island where produce variety is small and expensive. Words cannot accurately express the emotions I experienced when I saw that I could buy blackberries, strawberries, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower for a total of $7!! In Puerto Rico, that could have potentially totaled at $22!! It’s true; I am NOT telling lies here. Then, as we proceeded through the gorgeousness of food, all of the dried beans, peas, and lentils are HALF as much as what I was used to paying on the hospitable little island. J can attest to the literal tears in my eyes. I have seriously thanked God every day for the past several days for American grocery stores. It’s amazing.

The second thing that became clear is that this season of our lives is just another part of God’s plan that He refuses to include us in on until the last minute. My husband is amazing, and I’m not just saying that. He’s good at what he does for his career, he’s a near-perfect husband, and he’s one of the best dads to our little boy (M) that I’ve ever seen. He’s been on several interviews, and the wait is KILLER! It’s one of those times in life that I can’t talk to God without reminding Him that He can let us know where we will be living any time now…sooner is better, Lord.

With that said, I’m not sure I have any words of wisdom or pleas for change today. I don’t have a recipe idea or a product review. I just have a deeper appreciate for affordable, high quality veg along with an open and honest frustration in the way our Creator chooses to do things sometimes. If uncertainty builds character, we must have truly amazing personalities. ;)

God bless.

-Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment