Sunday, March 23, 2014

10 Quirky facts about me...Anjelica

So, my first two posts were pretty passionate and I thought this next one should be a bit lighter. I've been really hoping to post something a little more personal so you all can get to know me better. So I thought and thought and came up with the idea to air a little of my dirty interesting laundry, and let you in on a few secrets about me.
For those of you who know me you know I'm a bit kooky...but I guarantee you haven't heard any of these that I'm getting ready to list....Please. Don't. Judge me. ha ha!!

So, here goes:

1. I really like the taste of those traditional communion wafers that they give out at church. You know, those quarter-sized thin opaque crackers. Yes! I love their bland taste. Don't make that face, I know plenty of others who think they are quite tasty too...well, really just one other person who agrees with my refined pallet, and she's blood related to me, so maybe it's a genetic thing. I don't know. Anyways, I could eat a whole bowl of those little discs of goodness. Pour me a glass of the high-fructose corn syrup laden "grape juice" to wash it all down, and I'm at the Aspen Anjelica Food & Wine festival. Yumm!!

I told you these would be interesting...

2. I have a "not quite" baby toe. By this I mean it is WAY shorter than my others. This in turn makes the toenail almost non existent. B always jokes on me when he sees me painting my clipping of a toenail. But, little toenails need love too!

3. I never learned my multiplication tables. My family moved a lot growing up. And it ended up that during the time in school when we were supposed to be learning multiplication tables I transferred schools. I remember my teacher at the first school saying, "We will begin multiplication tables next week", then next thing I know, I'm at a new school where the teacher is saying, "Well, we just wrapped up all the multiplication tables." I recall my new class chanting the tables and I just sitting there like, "???". To this day, I do not know them. But don't worry, I've survived. Keep reading and you'll see that I caught up.

4. When I bought my first car I couldn't even drive it. B had to drive it off the lot for me. My first car was a 5-speed VW Beetle...and I didn't know how to drive stick. B would send me out every day to practice driving around our apartment complex in my Beetle. I hated it and after about 3 days I had a meltdown and told B that I wanted to return the car. Of course he laughed and told me to keep practicing. After a couple weeks and many stall outs (including one on a major road, where B and I had to trade seats and he drive us to safety), and a couple of roll backs where I had to wave my hand out the window and tell the driver behind me to back up, I learned to drive a 5-speed and LOVE it!

5. I know all the words to the Dennis the Menace and Sandlot movies. Let's just say I watched too many movies as a kid.  
"Chomp, chomp, chomp. Tastes like paint...and wood".  "I'll go make us some sandwiches", Martha says. 

6. I count...everything; from windows in a room to eyelet holes on someone's shoe. I also have a strange method of breaking down the numbers I count. I know, I know, it's weird. Remember, NO JUDGING!

7. I never wear socks. N-E-V-E-R. I completed a half-marathon...that's 13.2 miles...no socks. No, my feet do not stink to high heaven.
Here's a tip: When your feet get stinky soak them in a Black tea bath. No need for antifungal cream.

8. I LOVED calculus in college. I took Calculus I and II, and got an A (not even an A-), in both. I have to admit though, the teachers made ALL the difference. I grew up thinking I hated math, but come to find out I just didn't have very good teachers...Examples: I got a D the first time I took Geometry in high school. Second time around during my senior year, I got a B+. That's a pretty vast difference.

9. I really enjoy watching baby E's birth video. Especially the part when she is coming out. It just reminds me of how awesome God has made the human body and how truly miraculous birth is. No one can watch a woman's belly grow from nothing to huge and round, observe her go through labor (without drugs) and immediately after the baby comes out begin to hold a normal conversation and even walk around, then feed her baby from her body, and question whether there is actually an intelligent Creator behind it all...Come on...let's keep our thinking caps on here!

10. This is a funny one...
I once passed out in Starbucks...on my college campus. Talk about embarrassing!!! I had just donated blood after being on campus all day and not eating very much. I then proceeded to sit in Starbucks to work on some homework and have a little snack. But it was too late. I had never passed out before so I didn't know what to expect.  I could just feel my self getting woozy and I was by myself. I quickly packed up my bag and tried heading to the door, hoping that the fresh air would help, but nope. Bang! I fall forward knocking my head on the glass door and fall straight back. Go ahead! Laugh it up!!! I know you are. Some kind baristas came to my aid and offered me free OJ. There was also a professor in there who kindly leaned over me and said, "We've got to stop assigning so much homework". I laughed and quickly headed out of there. I found an empty hallway and leaned back on my bag like I was studying until I felt well enough to drive home. B told me I could no longer give blood again at school.

Well, I hope you liked my quirky facts. I'd love to hear some of your quirky habits or tales.

Anjelica

1 comment: