Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY kids book



I love the idea of personalizing a book for E. So, I searched around Pinterest and found a few ideas and created my own version. Here's how I did it.

Supplies:
  • scissors
  • 2-3 large binder clips
  • contact paper
  • card stock
  • magazine photo clippings or photos
  • typed words
  • glue stick
  • clear thick gooey craft glue ( I used Elmer's, but I think a thick craft glue would work better)
  • paint or sponge brush
  • fabric scraps

Steps:
  1. I typed, printed, and cut out the words that I wanted in my book.
  2. I cut out photos to go along with the words
  3. Cut my card stock into the page sizes I wanted (in half)
  4. Used a glue stick to attach the words and photos to each page
  5. Cut the contact paper, double the width of each page so that the front and back of each page was fully laminated
  6. Trimmed the extra contact paper hanging on the edges of each page
  7. Compiled all the pages in order and placed the clips on the side of the book to hold the binding edge together
  8. Glued the binding, about three coats. Drying between coats. 
  9. Attached the colored cloth with glue once the binding was dry. 





  1. -Anjelica

No comments:

Post a Comment